“You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens.”
Hello my lovelies!
In the spirit of neutral looks and nostalgia, I decided to throw back to a super classic eye look that I did around this time last year, right down to the nose ring, though this time it happens to be a real one.
I know we are all preferring a colorful moment as of late on the ‘Gram, but I am not in the business of having a popularity contest and to be honest, I just like to be a little more basic sometimes. There happens to be a reason why these types of makeup looks never really go out of style, after all.
This time around, I went for more of a warm gold on the lid versus the original, much more yellow gold from last year. I wanted this to be a little more sultry and a little more versatile from day to night, plus I am currently loving the warmer tones at the moment. Maybe next time, right?
Let’s Get Started:
- Prime the eyes with a concealer or primer that you prefer.
- Place a transitional, light brown base shade from the crease to the brow bone.
- Warm up the crease further with a darker, orange-toned brown.
- Define the outer corner using a detailed brush with a dark brown shadow, then blend out the harsh edges. Continue to layer until you have reached your preferred opacity.
- Wet a flat brush with water or setting spray, then pack a gold shimmer shadow across the inner half of the lid.
- Use the same detailed fluffy brush from earlier with the same dark brown shadow and blend out the defined line between the brown shadow and the gold shimmer.
- Blend the medium brown shadow across the entire lower lashline.
- Create a thin, black winged liner on the lid.
- Line the waterline with a nude eyeliner.
- Highlight the tear duct with a very light gold shimmer shadow.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply false lashes if you would like.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a wondrous Wednesday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural
weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own
Concealer – Smashbox Studio Skin Flawless 24 Hour Concealer “Fair Warm”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder “Fair”
All Over Setting Powder – Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Powder “Porcelain”
Contour – NARS Blush Duo “Olympia”
Bronzer – Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer “Murumuru”
Blush – Too Faced Love Flush Blush “Babylove”
Highlight – Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed “Champagne Pop”
Brows – L’Oréal Brow Stylist “Brunette”
Eyeshadow – Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette By Mario
Eyeliner – Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer “Nude”
Mascara – Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara
Lashes – Ardell Demi Wispies
Lips – Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick “Beso”