“You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody”
Hello my lovelies!
Today is just a short and sweet little post as I am trying to catch up with my regular posting schedule. I wanted to do a quick updated tutorial on how I apply my fake freckles. My tutorial from last year was a pretty popular post, but since then I have tweaked my technique and practiced my craft, making the final product even better.
Let’s Get Started:
- Apply your base layer of foundation and concealer, blending out both to your preference.
- With any liquid, cream, or pencil product, warm it up on the back of your hand to help make product application smoother. I prefer to use a Creme contouring stick for this process.
- Use a very small tipped brush, like an angled liner brush or detail painting brush.
- Apply small, freckle like dots first beginning around the upper bridge of the nose. Remember that the more sporadic the freckles are, the more believable.
- Continue the freckle placement onto the areas of your choice. I tend to keep mine concentrated on the nose and under eye area, as that is where I naturally freckle the most.
- Tap out the freckles very lightly with your ring finger to soften the intensity.
- Again, remember that real freckles aren’t uniform, so including larger ones, clustered spots, and ones that trail away from more concentrated areas will create the most believable appearance of natural freckles.
- After setting the face, apply bronzer wherever you applied the faux freckles. Freckles are very pretty, but they are a form of sun damage, meaning that we need to warm up and darken those areas with bronzer in order to create a natural affect. Bronzer is especially necessary if you concentrate most of the freckling on the nose and cheeks like I did.
- Be sure to highlight the high points of your face to help create dimension in the face after going a little heavier with bronzer. We do not want to lend to any muddiness or a sallowed complexion.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a wonderful Wednesday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural
weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own