“A negative mind will never give you a positive life”
Hello my lovelies!
I am back! For those of you who do not follow my Instagram or have not kept up with my more recent posts, I was on vacation in Ireland for the past two weeks. I am fully planning on doing a full blog post on my adventures throughout Ireland, but for now, let’s finally get back to some makeup!
Since it is now Pride month, I want to start incorporating some Pride looks into my blog for the month. I also want to use this month to help educate on the wide array of different sexual orientations and genders. I personally think that as someone who identifies as cisgender and straight, I have a responsibility to help my non cisgender and non straight counterparts by educating others on not only everything that falls under the LGBTQIA+ umbrella, but on how to be more inclusive and accepting of those that are different from us. This world could use a lot more love right now, and the one way I know how to share that education and love is through the power of makeup.
In order to be more inclusive with each blog post and to be as transparent as possible, I am going to only be using products that I have bought on my own time from companies that, as far as I know, are LGBTQIA+ friendly. Living in the US, I find the capitalization of Pride month by major companies to be in poor taste, and I refuse to participate in that capitalization by using products sent to me or by supporting any company, cosmetic or otherwise, that is not friendly. I want to participate in Pride month using the tools that I am familiar with, but I do not want to treat sexuality and gender like a trendy fashion statement, only to be discarded in July. People within this community do not get to stop being a part of their identity once Pride month is over, and I refuse to treat them as such. In the great words of Patrick Starr, makeup is a one size fits all.
Let’s Get Started:
- Prime the eyes with a concealer or primer that you prefer.
- Blend a bright and opaque orange throughout the crease and up to the brow bone. Continue to layer until the shade is concentrated enough.
- Pack a bright pink shadow across the eyelid, blending into the orange shadow.
- Create a thin, black winged liner.
- Create a thin line above the black liner with a yellow liner, framing the black liner.
- Apply a bright aqua eyeliner to the waterline and lower lashline. Blend out with a clean pencil brush.
- Highlight the tear duct with a bright, matte white shadow.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply false lashes for drama.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a magnificent Monday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural
weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own