“Count your joys instead of your woes, count your friends instead of your foes”
– Irish Proverb
Hello my lovelies!
I am legitimately so excited to post this look I can barely contain myself. It has sparkle, it has funky colors, and it has a video to accompany it on IGTV that will be out this Saturday, so go ahead and check that out.
I definitely did not plan on modeling this look after the gemstone I have assigned to this makeup, but it all worked out anyway and I am super happy with the results. Purple and yellow has got to be one of my favorite color combinations of all time in makeup, and of course I will throw glitter on essentially anything if I can.
I have always noticed on sites like Instagram and Pinterest that other artists were able to create amazingly vivid glitter looks, and I always felt frustrated that I could not seem to achieve that effect. While playing around in my vast collecting and creating this look, I decided to dip one of my glitter liner brushes into some loose glitter, and I now feel like I discovered the makeup equivalent of the black hole. In all seriousness, I am certain that other people have done this before, but having my little eureka moment reinstated my love for what I do and reminded me that I still have passion for this, even when it gets hard to keep up or I feel like I am not successful at this.
Let’s Get Started:
- Prime the eyes with a concealer or primer that you prefer.
- Place tape angled toward the brow on the outer corner of the eye to help with shadow placement and save on cleanup time.
- Pack and blend the first shadow into the crease and toward the browbone, maintaining a soft winged shape toward the tape.
- Carve out the lid with concealer following the same winged shape.
- Pack the second shadow onto the concealed area, still following the outline.
- Lightly blend out the harsh edge between the two shadows while still maintaining definition.
- Take the first shadow once again and blend across the entire lower lashline.
- Create a thin winged liner with black liner toward the tape, following the same shape as the shadows.
- Apply a silver glitter directly above the black liner in the same shape. I used an Urban Decay glitter liner with some NYX loose glitter to achieve this.
- Highlight the tear ducts with the second shadow.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply false lashes if you would prefer.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a wonderful Wednesday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural
weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own
Foundation – Revlon PhotoReady Insta Filter Foundation “Ivory”
Concealer – Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Full Coverage Concealer “Fair Neutral”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Maybelline Fit Me Loose Setting Power “Fair”
All Over Setting Powder – Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Powder “Porcelain”
Contour – NARS Blush Duo “Olympia”
Bronzer – Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer “Murumuru”, Urban Decay Beached Bronzer “Sunkissed”
Highlight – Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed “Champagne Pop”
Brows – Maybelline TattooStudio Waterproof Eyebrow Gel “Soft Brown”
Eyeshadow – NYX Perfect Filter Eyeshadow Palette “Olive You”
Eyeliner – NYX Matte Liquid Liner “Black”, Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner “Glamrock”, NYX Face and Body Glitter “Silver”
Lashes – Sephora Collection “03 Natural”
Lips – M.A.C Lipstick “Cyber”