“You are enough just as you are”
Hello my lovelies!
Just here to let you all know that this is the only way to do face masking and if you do it any other way, you are completely wrong and we cannot be friends.
Only kidding. Partially anyway. There is always a way to maximize the benefits of your skincare routine, and today I want to touch on one of my favorite combos: sheet masks and a facial roller. I will walk you through how, when, and why you should use this beautifying combination throughout your routine, because we all deserve a little luxury every now and then, especially if it gives us great skin.
Let’s Get Started:
What You Will Need:
- A sheet mask of your choice.
- A good quality facial roller (any kind is fine, but if you follow a holistic or Ayurvedic practice, Jade is considered the best).
- About 25 minutes to spare on yourself.
What You Will Do:
- Remove the sheet mask from the packaging and align it with your face properly.
- Set a timer for 20 minutes. Do NOT let sheet masks reside on your face longer than instructed, or if there is no set time, 20 minutes is more than enough time for the serums to penetrate the skin.
- Prep your clean facial roller. Begin rolling across the face for about 5 minutes using the handy diagram I have provided for reference.
- Methods can absolutely vary, but based on my Esthetic training, I believe in the lifting and firming method, meaning that you should be rolling in an UPWARD motion to visibly lift and tighten skin. You can also perform some manual lymphatic drainage by doing this method, which will help to depuff and energize the skin, almost like a caffeine shot.
- You do not need to press down hard on your face for this to work. A light touch is all that is needed. After all, this should be relaxing, not uncomfortable.
- Remove the sheet mask and gently pat in the excess serum once the time is up.
- Layer with the rest of your skincare routine. A sheet mask is NOT a moisturizer replacement. In fact, applying moisturizer right after a sheet mask seals in the benefits of the serums much more than ignoring the rest of your skincare routine.
How You Will Roll:
- The Forehead: Roll upward toward the hairline across and outward toward the temples. Be sure to use especially light pressure when approaching the temple area.
- The Eyes: Roll outward toward the cheekbones. If your roller is double ended, use the smaller end for the delicate eye area. You can also do a figure eight pattern around the eyes and across the bridge of the nose as a drainage technique. Again, light pressure is necessary here.
- The Nose: Use the figure eight pattern mentioned for the eyes and roll upward on the bridge of the nose. You do not need to massage your nostrils as this has no effect, but if you really feel like they need need some TLC, go for it.
- The Lips: Do NOT roll across the actual lips. Instead, roll in an upward motion on the nasolabial folds also known as the infamous smile lines.
- The Cheeks: Roll in an outward motion starting from the nasolabial folds and out toward the perimeters of the cheeks. You can also roll upward toward the tops of the cheekbones for extra lift.
- The Chin: Roll in an outward motion toward the earlobes.
- The Jawline: Roll in an outward motion also toward the earlobes.
- The Neck: DO NOT IGNORE YOUR NECK. The skin on the neck can show some serious signs of extrinsic (outside factors) aging if left alone. Roll in an upward motion toward the jawline.
Why You Should Roll:
- I want to start by saying that a facial roller will not work miracles. You will not tone the muscles in your face or lose any baby fat in your cheeks. You will notice more firmness, tightness, and even brightness over time, but skincare is not an immediate results-based routine; it is one that creates positive change over time.
- You can seriously depuff your face, especially the under eye area. Manual Lymphatic Drainage does not create long term results, but it can certainly get rid of that early morning, just woke up puffiness that a lot of us experience. Make the results even more potent by chilling your facial roller before use.
- Self care is not selfish. It is not a secret that people tend to care more about you when you care more about you. Plus, self care is fun and relieves a lot of stress that we experience in our daily lives. Nothing beats taking care of your physical health and mental health at the same time.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a fabulous Friday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural
weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own