“There are no limits to what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your own thinking.”
Hello my lovelies!
I know it is not Thursday, but are you ready for a little throwback? I decided to recreate my Firebird Eye Tutorial look from two years ago. Can you believe the improvement? I naturally took some liberties to improve upon the original look, but I am still equally as in love with these colors now as I was then.
I will be splicing in many more throwback tutorials to come while I begin to wrap up my gemstone series in anticipation of June, where I will be serving up pride themed looks for the whole month. Until then, expect a few more gemstone posts and a boatload of improved makeup game.
I also decided to create my very first makeup tutorial video for IGTV featuring this look. If you do not follow me on Instagram, please throw me a follow and let me know on my latest post, I would love to give you a follow for taking the time to support me. Be sure to watch my video while you are on my page too. It may not be the best quality, but it is a great benchmark from which I can improve on in the future.
Let’s Get Started:
- Prime the eyes with a concealer or primer that you prefer.
- Warm and set the crease with “Charm”.
- Begin to layer “Poison” onto the outer corner, blending inward toward the crease. Continue to add more shadow and blend until the color is nicely saturated.
- Place “swallow” onto the outer corner, defining the outer v only.
- Diffuse and harsh edges around the outer corner and brow bone with a large fluffy brush.
- Cut the lid from the inner corner to the center with concealer.
7. Pack “Deja Vu” onto the center of the concealed area.
8. Place “Frosting” on the inner corner, gently melding with the center shadow for a seamless blend.
9. Blend out any harsh edges close to the brow bone with the same fluffy brush from earlier.
10. Lightly diffuse the center shadow with more of the “Poison” shade, blending toward the outer corner.
- Blend a mixture of “Poison” and “Swallow” across the entire lower lashline.
- Line the waterline with a bronze colored eyeliner.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply false lashes if you wish.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a wonderful Wednesday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural
weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own
Foundation – Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation “Cloud”
Concealer – Smashbox Studio Skin Flawless 24 Hour Concealer “Fair Neutral”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Maybelline Fit Me Loose Setting Powder “Porcelain”
All Over Setting Powder –
Contour – NARS Blush Duo “Olympia”
Bronzer – Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer “Murumuru”
Blush – Too Faced Love Flush Blush “Dollface”
Highlight – Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed “Champagne Pop”
Brows – Maybelline TattooStudio Waterproof Brow Gel “Soft Brown”
Eyeshadow – Jeffree Star Cosmetics Androgyny Palette
Eyeliner – Colourpop Creme Gel Liner “Get Paid”
Mascara – Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara
Lashes – Sephora Collection False Eyelashes “03 Natural Volume”
Lips – Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain Satin Liquid Lipstick “Nude Blush”, Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss “Gilded”