“A happy life is one which is in accordance with its own nature”
-Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Hello my lovelies!
Can I just say, I’m pretty pumped to be using this color today. I feel like I’ve strayed away from these brighter colors because of the winter season, but who is to say that we can’t use bright colors during this time?
Contrary to the color wheel and many an opinion, I actually really enjoy blue eye looks with blue eyes. Of course it isn’t meant to be complimentary or natural, but using colors that are in a similar scheme to your eye color lends a sort of ethereal and icy dimension to the face, and we all know I love a little drama in my eye looks.
Creating this look today has inspired me to take a look at incorporating more bright blues, not only in my looks, but in my makeup collection overall. I’ve also been feeling inclined to visit some older looks and recreate them with this aqua color in mind for the future.
Let’s Get Started:
- Prime the eyes with a concealer or primer that you prefer
- Blend a bright aqua shadow throughout the entire crease and toward the brow bone.
- Cut the lid halfway with a thick layer of concealer.
- pack a white matte shadow across the concealed area of the lid.
- Take a small amount of the aqua shadow and blend out the harsh edges of the white shadow.
- Apply a light amount of glitter or glitter liner where the aqua and white shadows meet.
- Blend the aqua eyeshadow across the entire lower lashline.
- Line the waterline with a white eyeliner
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply falsies if you’d like.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a wonderful Wednesday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural
weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own
Brows – L’Oréal Brow Stylist “Brunette”
Eyeshadow – NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette “Brights”, Marc Jacobs “The Wild One” Palette
Eyeliner – NYX Jumbo Pencil “Milk”, Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner “Glamrock”
Mascara – Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara
Lashes – Ardell Wispies