“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Hello my lovelies!
I apologize for having a late start to this week’s posting once again. My laptop decided to completely crash with all of my photos on it and I therefore had nothing to show you to go along with the actual writing. Everything is back up and running now, my trusty laptop just needed a long overdue spring cleaning.
I know this isn’t the MOST festive Valentine’s look, but to tell you the truth, I’m not a big fan of Valentine’s Day. I find the holiday to be not only incredibly heteronormative and not LGBTQ+ inclusive, but there is also a lot of single shaming that goes on during Valentine’s Day. I’m totally aware of the supposedly single positive Galentine’s Day, but in my opinion it comes off more as virtue signaling than a genuine celebration of being single. I’m sure I’m over analyzing the entire concept, but I am allowed to feel how I feel and you are all allowed to enjoy or not enjoy the holiday as you please.
You all know by now that I’m a big fan of using my liquid lipsticks as funky eyeliners. I love being able to use makeup as a multipurpose tool, and my lip products are no exception. It saves so much money and opens up numerous color options that you normally wouldn’t have if you had to go out and buy each individual eyeliner color. Why buy new eyeliner when you already own at least 100 different lipsticks?!
Let’s Get Started
- Prime the eyes with a concealer or primer that you prefer.
- Warm up the crease with a medium brown shadow.
- Deepen the crease with a darker brown shadow, extending from outer to inner corner and toward the brow bone.
- Deepen the outer v with a very dark brown shadow to create depth within the look.
- Create a dramatic winged liner with a pink eyeliner or liquid lipstick that is eye safe.
- Mix the two darker shadows and blend across the entire lower lashline.
- Line the waterline with a nude eyeliner.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply falsies if that’s your thing.
- Highlight the tear duct with a pink shimmer shadow.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a fabulous Friday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural
weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own
Brows – L’Oréal Brow Stylist “Brunette”
Eyeshadow – Morphe 35O Palette, Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Palette
Eyeliner – Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick “Doll Parts”
Mascara – Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara
Lashes – Ardell Wispies