“Peace is not the absence of power, peace is the presence of love”
Hello my lovelies!
I hope you are all doing well today. Today’s post will be short and sweet as I’m typing this because I am starting to feel slightly under the weather with a headache, but I wanted to get a post up for you guys nonetheless.
In today’s installment for the gemstone series, I wanted to recreate the look of the precious stone Lapis Lazuli. I love the look of the royal blue stone with veins of gold throughout and it very much caught my attention when I was doing research on precious gems and stones.
While Lapis Lazuli is definitely not a stone that immediately comes to mind when thinking of precious stones, I went in with the intention of choosing something lesser known. Of course I will be including many of the more popular stones in my future looks, but finding the stones that lurk in the background means that gathering inspiration from them presents more of a fun challenge.
Let’s Get Started:
- Prime the eyes with a concealer or primer that you prefer.
- Warm and define the crease with a warm toned medium brown.
- Pack a royal blue shadow on the inner and outer corners of the lid and blend out slightly. Continue this step until you reach your desired opacity.
- Lightly carve out the very center of the lid with concealer, making the top slightly larger than the to create a spotlight effect.
- Blend the same blue shadow from earlier across the entire Lower Lashline.
- Diffuse the blue shadow further by blending the bottom out with the same brown shadow used previously.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply falsies if you’d like.
- Place small cuts of gold leaf below the lower lashline and above the brow, concentrating the majority of the gold leaf at the base of the brow and Lashline (optional).
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a fantabulous Friday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural
weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own