“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful”
Hello my lovelies!
I think it’s time that we start a new series on this blog. In the spirit of incorporating color back into this dreary weather, I’ve decided to settle on a gemstone series for the next several tutorial posts. I also want to get back into doing more of my creative eye looks, so expect some fun eye looks in the near future!
I almost never incorporate purple into my makeup looks, despite it being my favorite color. Come to think of it, I don’t wear much purple at all in any facet of my life, yet I still consider it my favorite color nonetheless.
I decided to smoke out the purple on the lower lashline to create a happy medium of color and practicality. I want to use more purple, but a purple Smokey eye isn’t a very realistic every day look for my clinic floor days. As I’ve said before, a colorful lower lashline is my absolute favorite way of introducing color to eye looks, and is a great way to include colors that tend to be a little more difficult to work with.
Let’s Get Started:
- Prime the eyelids with a concealer or primer that you prefer.
- Carve out the crease with “Incense” blending from outer to inner corner and toward the brow bone.
- Define the outer V with “Volatile” extending slightly toward the crease to create fluidity with the first shadow.
- Wet a flat brush and pack “Dazzling” across the first half of the eyelid. Allow to dry completely before blending any harsh edges out.
- Redefine the outer V with “Volatile” to replace any color lost by blending out the edges of the lid shadow.
- Line the waterline and lower lashline with a purple eyeliner.
- Blend out the eyeliner with “Celestial” from inner to outer corner.
- Highlight the tear duct with “Dreamer”
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply false eyelashes if you’d prefer.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a magical Monday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural
weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own
Foundation – Revlon PhotoReady Insta Filter Foundation “Ivory”
Concealer – Too Faced Born This Way Multi Use Sculpting Concealer “Swan”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Maybelline Fit Me Loose Setting Powder “Fair”
All Over Setting Powder – Sephora Collection Matte Perfection Powder Foundation “Porcelain Neutral”
Contour – NARS Blush Duo “Olympia”
Bronzer – Bobbi Brown Bronzer “Golden Lights”
Blush – Too Faced Love Flush Blush “Babylove”
Highlight – Lancome Highlighter (Discontinued)
Brows – L’Oréal Brow Stylist “Brunette”
Eyeshadow – Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina palette
Eyeliner – MUFE Artist Color Pencil “Versatile Violet”
Mascara – Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara
Lashes – Ardell Wispies
Lips – M.A.C Lipstick “Kinda Sexy”