“Each day, I come in with a positive attitude, trying to get better”
Hello my lovelies!
I hope your weekend has been good to you and that you did something fun this weekend. Even if you didn’t go out, a night in with a movie is always a nice treat! I’m still using up my weekend and trying to recover from a pretty tedious cold, but it’s been a good one nonetheless.
This past year has definitely been a year of yellow for me. I’ve really come around to it and learned to appreciate yellow for its versatility and fun vibes. I’ve also been learning to love purple on my eyes even more, and have been enjoying finding new ways to incorporate it into my eye looks.
For Wednesday’s post, I’m planning on discussing the easiest and most effective ways to start gradually incorporating color into your makeup. While I love doing things that are a little more forward and bold, I know that that isn’t how everyone wants to start out their color journey, and are potentially a little uninformed.
Let’s Get Started:
- Prime the eyes with a primer or concealer that you prefer.
- Pack a matte yellow shadow into the crease, blending outward toward the outer corner and onto the brow bone.
- Deepen the yellow with a light orange shadow of your choice.
- Cut the lid following slightly above the crease with concealer.
- Pack a yellow gold shadow across the inner half of the concealed area.
- Pack a cool toned purple shadow across the outer half of the concealed area.
- Blend out the harsh edges of the shadows within the crease, as well as where the two shadows meet on the lid.
- Blend the same purple shadow from earlier across the entire lower lashline.
- Line the waterline with a nude eyeliner.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply falsies if you’d like.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a marvelous Monday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own
Foundation – L.A. Girl Pro Matte Foundation “Ivory”
Concealer -Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Full Coverage Concealer “Fair Warm”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Maybelline Fit Me Loose Setting Powder “Fair”
All Over Setting Powder – Sephora Collection Matte Perfection Powder Foundation “Porcelain Neutral”
Contour -NARS Blush Duo “Olympia”
Bronzer – Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder “Golden Lights”
Blush – Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush “Exposed”
Highlight – Jouer Cosmetics Powder Highlight “Rose Quartz”
Eyeshadow -NYX Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette “Brights”, Makeup Geek Single Shadows “Hopscotch”, “Fortune Teller”
Eyeliner – Rummel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer “Nude”
Mascara – Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara “Blackest Black”
Lashes – Ardell Wispies
Lips – NYX Butter Lipgloss “Tiramisu”