“The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible.”
Hello my lovelies!
I have been dreading this week ever since I started doing color themes, and it’s finally here. I find green to be the most unnerving color to work with in makeup, so this is definitely a huge challenge at hand.
I don’t know why, but trying to visualize how I would use green took a lot of effort on my part. Most of the time, I’m able to put something together on the spot with relative ease. I can pick a color, visualize what I want with that color, and create. For some reason, green just…halts my creativity, despite it being a color with loads of potential.
Of course, I had to throw some leaf on there so that I can feel justified in owning 300 sheets of gold leaf, although I do think it really helped tie everything together overall. If you plan on wearing this for some reason, it still looks awesome without the leaf applied to the lower lashline.
Let’s Get Started:
- Prime the eyelids with a primer or concealer that you prefer.
- Pack the darkest green shadow in the bottom row into the crease. Blend out completely.
- Cut the entire lid into a winged shape with concealer. Be sure to get the concealer completely opaque so that the lid color will really shine through.
- Pack the lime green shadow on top of the wet concealer base.
- Smoke out the lower lashline with the same lime green shadow.
- Create a medium sized wing with a white liner. A tip to help the liner pop is to use a concealer as a base to create the wing, then layer on top with the white liner.
- On the divide where the two green shadows split, begin tracing the shape of the lime green shadow with a yellow liner. Use the white liner as a helpful guide.
- Line the waterline with a green liner.
- Glue a piece of silver leaf using lash glue (optional).
- Highlight the tear duct with the last yellow shadow.
- Curl and coat the lashes. Apply falsies if you wish.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a marvelous Monday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own
Brows – Maybelline TattooStudio Waterproof Eyebrow Gel “Soft Brown”
Eyeshadow – NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette “Brights”
Eyeliner – MUFE Aqua XL Ink Liner “M-14”, NYX Vivid Brights Eyeliner “Vivid Halo”, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil “Freak”
Mascara – Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara “Blackest Black”
Lashes – Ardell Wispies “600”
Silver Leaf – Amazon