“The summit of happiness is reached when a person is ready to be what he is”
Hello my lovelies!
I’m super excited to give you guys a tutorial on this eye makeup look today. I received so many compliments while wearing it to work, and that just made me all the more confident that you guys would enjoy it as well.
I think that because I so rarely wear winged eyeliner in my free time, it drew people’s attention to my color scheme and made them actually notice it. I had mentioned in my previous blog post that you can combine silver with warm colors, and I really wanted to take a moment to prove that theory to all of you with today’s look.
The last thing I wanted to do was hide the silver on the lid, so I decided to ensure it was the main event. The juxtaposition of the warm oranges and reds with the cool silver helps all of the colors pop, but also blend seamlessly.
I’ve said this multiple times before, but if you have blue or gray eyes, this will look fantastic on you, since these are all shades that help those eye colors to really pop. You definitely don’t have to do a wing for this look, but I really think it helps tie everything together and adds some definition.
Let’s Get Started:
- Prime the eyes with a concealer or primer that you prefer.
- Pack a very light orange shadow into the crease and blend outward. This will act as a transition shade to help with other colors later on.
- Add a slightly darker orange shadow to start defining the crease and building up the look.
- On the outer corner, place a red shadow down and begin to haze out the color. This will serve to deepen to look so opacity is important here.
- Using a silver shadow, pack across the lid, about halfway. Blend out any harsh edges with a clean fluffy brush.
- Smudge a black liner across the lower lashline.
- Blend the black liner using the same red shadow from the lid.
- Blend the bottom of the red shadow further using a mixture of the two orange shadows from the lid.
- Create a winged liner style of your choice on the eyelid.
- Highlight the tear duct with a shimmery lighter silver or white shadow.
- Line the waterline with the same black liner used on the lower lashline.
- Curl and coat your lashes with mascara. Apply falsies if you’d like.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a wonderful Wednesday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own
Foundation – Wet N’ Wild Photo Focus Foundation “Porcelain”, NYX Total Control Drop Foundation “Alabaster”
Concealer – Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Full Coverage Concealer “Fair Neutral”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Maybelline Fit Me Loose Setting Powder “Fair”
All Over Setting Powder – Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation “Fair”
Contour – NARS Blush Duo “Olympia”
Bronzer – Bobbi Brown Bronzer “Golden Lights”, Urban Decay Beached Bronzer “Sunkissed”
Blush – Too Faced Love Flush Blush “Babylove”
Highlight – Maybelline Face Studio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter “Molten Gold”
Brows – NYX Micro Brow Pencil “Chocolate”
Eyeshadow – Morphe 35O Palette, Maybelline The City Mini Eyeshadow Palette “Concrete Runway”
Eyeliner – Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner “Black”, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil “Zero”
Mascara – Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara
Lashes – Ardell Wispies
Lips – Revlon Ultra HD Metallic Matte Lip Color “715 Glow”