“There is a shade of red for every woman”
Hello my lovelies!
I am SO excited about this look in particular. This is actually more along the lines of what I had originally envisioned for Wednesday’s post, but I had chickened out on using the black on the lid. Safe to say I’m very happy I decided to take that risk today.
As I always say, this is a seemingly intricate look that is actually super easy to create. If you don’t own a red eyeliner, you can always use a liquid lipstick, preferably one that is eye safe.
I ALMOST put on some silver leaf for this look, however I thought it might over complicate the artistry already displayed here and decided to leave it alone. Rest assured, my silver and rose gold pieces will be making a display soon…
Let’s Get Started:
- Prime the eyes with a concealer or primer that you prefer.
- Pack a red shadow into the crease. Blend outward in a circular shape.
- Carve out the lid with concealer in a circular motion. The easiest way to do this is by placing some concealer onto the center of the lid, opening the eye and looking upward. Wherever the concealer lands at the top is the highest point to carve the lid.
- Pack a black shadow onto the carved out lid area. You may need to go over once more with the shadow to maximize the opacity.
- Trace the edge of the black shadow with a silver glitter pigment or liner.
- Pack a black shadow along the lower lashline. Don’t worry about blending it out.
- Blend the black shadow with the red shadow, diffusing the harsh edges.
- Line the lower and upper waterline with black eyeliner.
- Create a crisp wing with a red liner or lipstick.
- Highlight the tear duct with a silver shimmer shadow.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply falsies if you’d like.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a fantastic Friday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own
Brows – NYX Micro Brow Pencil “Chocolate”
Eyeshadow – Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Palette, Marc Jacobs “The Wild One” Palette
Eyeliner – Jeffree Star Cosmetics x MannyMUA Velour Liquid Lipstick “I’m Shook”, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil “Zero”, Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner “Glamrock”
Mascara – NYX Worth The Hype Mascara
Lashes – Ardell Wispies