“Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean”
Hello my lovelies!
I want to start off by saying that I’m very proud to end this week’s yellow theme with this look.
I gathered color inspiration from this look on Pinterest via an Instagram post by Alexie May, who goes by @beats.by.lex on Instagram. While the concepts aren’t the same, I feel that both her look and mine are pretty amazing.
I originally did not have any gold leaf on the inner corner, but felt the look was really missing something until I added it on. The gold leaf really pulled all of this together. I know this is more of a gold palette than yellow, but I think it’s close enough. I didn’t use a particular palette for this look, so feel free to use any shadows you like while I guide you through how to recreate this!
Let’s Get Started:
- Prime the eyelids with a concealer or primer that you prefer.
- Warm up the crease with a peach-toned shadow. Blend this highest toward the eyebrow to build the rainbow effect up.
- Place an orange shadow just under the peach transition shade to help build intensity.
- Carve out the lid in a winged shape with concealer.
- Pack a gold or yellow shade onto the concealer while it is still tacky, following the winged shape.
- Carefully create a line mimicking the winged shape with a white eyeliner. If you mess up, pack gold shadow on any smudged lines.
- Blend a dark turquoise shadow across the entire lower lashline.
- Line the waterline with a turquoise eyeliner.
- Apply some gold leaf to the inner corner using lash or glitter glue. You can also just highlight the inner corner as you would normally if you don’t own gold leaf/don’t want to use it.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply falsies if you wish.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a fantabulous Friday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own
Brows – NYX Micro Brow Pencil “Chocolate”
Eyeshadow – Morphe 35O Palette, NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette “Brights”, Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadow “Fortune Teller”
Eyeliner – MUFE Aqua XL Eye Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner “M-26”, MUFE Aqua XL Ink Liner “M-14”
Mascara – NYX Worth The Hype Mascara
Lashes – Ardell Magnetic Strip Lashes “Double 110”
Gold Leaf – Amazon