“How wonderful yellow is. It stands for the sun”
Hello my lovelies!
Apologies once again for not getting up a post on Friday. I’ve had something going on in my personal life that I’m not going to get into, but it’s been pretty emotionally draining and I desperately needed a break.
Last week, I had a poll on Instagram asking what color you guys would like to see me work with next. With the options of green or yellow, yellow won by a landslide and here we are. Surprisingly, yellow can be quite the challenge to work with, but I’m also quite happy with what I’ve created for this week’s posts and hope that you will be too.
This is the most user friendly look for this week, as it incorporates just a pop of yellow on the lower lashline. I’ve said before that using color on the lower lashline is the best way for beginners to get some color in, so I wanted to pay homage to that concept in today’s look. The tutorial for this eye look is very simple and you can use any shadows that your heart desires in order to recreate this.
Let’s get started:
- Prime the eyes with a primer or concealer.
- Warm the crease by packing down a warm toned brown, then blending the harsh edges.
- Define the outer corner further by using a slightly darker brown shadow, blending inward slightly toward the warm toned crease color.
- Set the brow bone with a bone colored shadow. Use this shadow to blend out any harsh edges toward the brow.
- Pack a yellow shadow across the entire lashline, then blend out once desired opacity is reached. I packed the color in two layers to get the opacity that I wanted.
- Highlight the brow bone and tear duct with a gold toned shimmer shadow.
- Line the waterline with a yellow liner.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply falsies if that’s your thing.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a marvelous Monday!
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own
Foundation – Revlon PhotoReady Insta-Filter Foundation “Ivory”
Concealer – Urban Decay All Nigther Waterproof Full Coverage Concealer “Fair Neutral”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder “Fair”
All Over Setting Powder – Milani Powder Foundation “Shell”
Contour – NARS Blush Duo “Olympia”
Bronzer – Urban Decay Beached Bronzer “Sunkissed”
Blush – Too Faced Love Flush Blush “Baby Love”
Highlight – Smashbox Casey Holmes Spotlight Palette “Pearl”
Brows – Maybelline Brow Precise Micro Brow Pencil “Soft Brown”, L’oreal Brow Stylist Boost & Set Brow Mascara “Soft Brown”
Eyeshadow – M.A.C Warm Neutrals Palette, NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette “Brights”
Eyeliner – NYX Retractable Pencil Eyeliner “Gold”
Mascara – Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara
Lips – NYX Butter Gloss “Creme Brulee”