“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all”
Hello my lovelies!
To start off, I wanted to apologize for getting this blog post up a day late. Life just happened and I didn’t have a lot of time to get these posts written, as work is starting to get a little crazy and I’ve been staying much later to help out. My third post for the week will go up on Saturday instead so I can keep a similar schedule going. Just know that everything is fine, retail is just a crazy world!
Today I want to feature my Marc Jacobs “The Wild One” Palette for this series. Also keeping with the pink theme for this week, I wanted to incorporate a more warm and sultry counterpart to my bright look from Monday. This isn’t nearly as pink-ified as Monday’s look, But I love it nonetheless and am super pleased with the pop of pink on the lower lashline.
What colors would you like to see next? I’m thinking either green or yellow, arguably my least favorite colors to work with. Let me know what you’d like to see as my next color theme.
Let’s Get started:
- Prime the eyes with a concealer or primer of your choice.
- Pack the first shadow along the crease, and begin to lightly blend out.
- Layering just under the first shadow, pack the second shadow into the crease to create dimension. This color also comes out a pinky-brown, which is great for this look.
- Pack the third shadow along the brow bone area, also using it to blend out the top part of the crease shades. This is my favorite trick for a seamless blend.
- Using the fourth shadow, deepen the outer V of the crease.
- Carve out half of the lid in a way that best suits your eye shape. While the lid is still tacky, pack the fifth shadow on top.
- Once the lid area has completely dried down, take a detailed crease brush with the fourth shadow once again and blend out the midsection where the two shadows on the lid meet.
- Blend the sixth shadow across the entire lower lashline, packing on for intensity as desired.
- Line the waterline with a nude or white liner.
- Highlight the tear duct and brow bone with the seventh shadow.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply false lashes if that’s your preference.
Thoughts On This Palette:
I honestly just can’t get enough of this palette. The color scheme seems like it would be all over the place, but every shadow manages to do a great job of being complimentary to each other in some way. The packaging is probably the best of the palettes I own, and while packaging isn’t generally something I care about in particular, the Zebra print speaks to me. The shadows are fantastic quality and the shimmers are beautiful with little assistance.
Once again, this palette was limited edition and that’s obviously going to be a huge issue for anyone that might be looking to get their hands on it. Additionally, even if you are able to find it online being sold by a third party vendor, it will likely be around $99, which was the original price tag, or possibly even more.
Would I Recommend It:
Like the Master Palette that I reviewed, if you are able to find this still and are also willing to drop a pretty penny on this palette, I say go for it. I absolutely adore this palette and covet it as an all time favorite.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a terrific Thursday!
Foundation – Covergirl Healthy Vitalist Elixir “Ivory”, Fenty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation “100”, L’oreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation “Classic Ivory”
Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer “Chantilly”, Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Full Coverage Concealer “C1”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder “Fair”
All Over Setting Powder – Milani Powder Foundation “Shell”
Contour – Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Stick Trio “Contour”
Bronzer – Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Bronzer “Bronze 01”
Blush – Milani Rose Powder Blush “Tea Rose”
Highlight – Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed “Rose Quartz”, Jeffree Star Cosmetics Skin Frost “Crystal Ball”
Brows – Maybelline Brow Precise Micro Brow Pencil “Soft Brown”, L’oreal Brow Stylist Boost & Set Brow Mascara “Soft Brown”
Eyeshadow – Marc Jacobs “The Wild One” Palette
Eyeliner – Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer “Nude”
Mascara – Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara
Lips – Urban Decay Vice Lipstick “Stark Naked”
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own