“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today”
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Hello my lovelies!
I did yet another throwback recreation, this time from a look that’s 2 years old. I wore this (almost) exact look, eyeshadow palette and all, for my highschool graduation party, and I remember loving the shit out of it.
So many things have changed in these last 2 years, and I’m so glad to see that I’ve changed for the better, not only in my makeup skills, but in my personal endeavors as well. I’m so proud of myself for striving to always do better than yesterday, and it’s clear to me that this has all been worth it in the end.
Overall, this is still a very simple look that I think really packs a punch. I love the combination of a gold eye and red lips (even though I never wear it), and my new Fenty lip paint inspired this little throwback.
Let’s get started:
- Prime the eyes with an eye primer or concealer that works best for you. You can set your base if you prefer a drier base to work with.
- Pack “Zone” into the crease, then slowly blend out in an outward motion. This will be our only crease shade, so take your time blending.
- Wet a packing brush with “1987” and pack across the entire eyelid, slightly up into the crease.
- Once the lid shadow is dry, go in with a clean blending brush to smooth out any harsh edges created by connecting the two shadows together.
- Highlight the brow bone with “Skimp”.
- Drag “Zone” across the entire lower lashline, concentrating the majority of the pigment on the outer third.
- Create a small winged liner to create contrast with the gold shadow.
- Highlight the tear duct with a mixture of “Blonde” and “Bathwater”
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply falsies if that’s your thing.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a spectacular Saturday!
Foundation – Covergirl Healthy Vitalist Elixir “Ivory”, Fenty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation “100”
Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer “Chantilly”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder “Fair”
All Over Setting Powder – M.A.C StudioFix Powder Plus Foundation “NC15”
Contour – NARS Blush Duo “Olympia”
Bronzer – Bobbi Brown Bronzer “Golden Lights”, Urban Decay Beached Bronzer “Sunkissed”
Blush – Milani Baked Blush “Luminoso”
Highlight – Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed “Champagne Pop”, ABH Amrezy Higlighter
Brows – Maybelline Brow Precise Micro Brow Pencil “Soft Brown”
Eyeshadow – Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Palette
Eyeliner – Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner “Black”
Mascara – Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara “Blackest Black”
Lips – Fenty Stunna Lip Pain Longwear Fluid Lip Color “uncensored”
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own