“We can only win by giving everything and being ready to defeat the adversary with fiery aggression”
Hello my lovelies!
Another Palette of the day! Today I’ll be giving you my thoughts on the Jeffree Star Androgyny Palette, as well as a look to demonstrate the palette. If you haven’t seen my previous Palette of the Day write-up, you can check it out here.
Let’s Get Started:
- Blend the first shadow throughout the crease to help create some dimension. Bring into the deepest part of the crease and extend up toward the brow bone.
- Place the second shadow just under the first, creating a layered affect to add more depth to the eye look.
- Cut the lid with concealer, tracing a wing toward the outer corner.
- Pack the third shade on the outer half of the lid, following the outline created with the concealer.
- Pack the fourth shade onto the inner half of the lid, also following the outline.
- Blend both shadows at the middle point by lightly tapping a brush over the two colors.
- Blend the third shadow along the outer half of the lower lashline.
- Blend the fourth shadow along the inner half of the lashline.
- Fuse the two shadows together with light tapping motions.
- Blend out the harsh edges at the bottom by blending out very lightly with the second shadow.
- Highlight the tear duct with a highlighting shade.
- line the waterline with a rose gold or bronze liner.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply falsies if you’d like.
Thoughts on This Palette:
This is probably the most pigmented palette that I own, and I own many pigmented, great quality palettes. I have no issues getting the desired color payoff that I want, and the colors are all absolutely gorgeous. The texture is quite buttery and none of the formulas feel chalky or look choppy.
While I love all of the colors in this palette, it can be quite difficult to create versatile looks using only this palette. The colors do not seem very well thought out, and while you can create beautiful combinations, the layout seems a little lazy. Additionally, the person behind this palette is also a downside, and while I still use this palette and the other products I own, I will no longer be making purchases from this brand.
Would I Recommend It:
If you have no issues with using other palettes to complete a look, this is a great palette to make an investment in. However, please keep in mind the creator behind this palette is a very controversial individual, and you should therefore buy at your own discretion. Ultimately, I do think it is a beautifully made palette and I am happy to have it in my collection.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a fantabulous Friday!
Brows – Maybelline Total Temptation Brow Definer “Medium Brown”, NYX Micro Brow Pencil “Auburn”
Eyeshadow – JSC Androgyny Palette
Eyeliner – Colourpop Creme Gel Liner “Show Me”
Mascara – L’oreal Lash Paradise “Blackest Black”
Lashes – Ardell Magnetic Strip Lashes “Double 110”
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own