“There is nothing more musical than a sunset”
Hello my lovelies!
First off, I want to thank Erin from “Makeup By Erin” for posting this lovely tutorial and inspiring today’s look. I love fun color combinations and somehow didn’t think of throwing orange and purple together. Once again a huge thanks to Erin for the inspiration, and please take a minute to check out her page for some other blogging gold.
While I know that this look has a lot of color going on, I tried to tone it down it keep it more wearable. I also used a loose pigment to help achieve this look, but that is not at all necessary if you want to keep this lighter.
I also just want to acknowledge that this was a really good brow day. I can’t wait to never be able to recreate them again and cry out of desperation. They definitely need a good plucking at the front, but I’m really happy with how much better I’m getting at my brows, given that it’s my least favorite part of applying makeup. I do plan to post a brow routine once I get mine down a little more consistently.
Do you have any looks on your blog that you’d like me to recreate? What’s your favorite color combo?
Let’s get started:
- Prime and set the eyelids with a powder or shadow that best matches your skin tone.
- Apply the first shadow into the crease to help create some dimension and warmth.
- Buff the second shadow throughout the entire crease, focusing on the outer and inner corners. Blend upward toward the brow bone for a smooth transition.
- Wet a dense packing brush and place the third shadow across the center of the lid. Buff out any harsh edges.
- Apply glitter or pigment glue to the same spot as the third shadow, allow to dry slightly, and place a bronzey/orange pigment of your choice to the center, in order to increase intensity. This step is completely optional.
- Blend the second shadow across the entire lower lashline, extending downward for a more dramatic effect.
- Place the third shadow at the very center of the lashline.
- Line the waterline with a bronze/orange eyeliner.
- Apply the fourth shadow to the tear duct for a highlight.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply falsies if you wish.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a fabulous Friday!
Foundation – Covergirl Healthy Vitalist Elixir “Ivory”
Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer “Chantilly”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Maybelline Facestudio Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
All Over Setting Powder – M.A.C. Studiofix Powder Plus Foundation “NC15”
Contour/Bronzer – NYX Pro Contour Palette “Sculpt/Toffee”
Blush – Milani Baked Blush “Luminoso”
Highlight – Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed “Champagne Pop”, Maybelline Face Studio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter “Molten Gold”
Brows – Maybelline Total Temptation Brow Definer “Medium Brown”, NYX Micro Brow Pencil “Auburn”
Eyeshadow – Bh Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette, NYX Pigment “Venetian”
Eyeliner – Colourpop Creme Gel Liner “Get Paid”
Mascara – L’oreal Lash Paradise “Blackest Black”
Lips – Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick “Dragonfruit”
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own