“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud”
Hello my lovelies!
Today’s post is going to be short and sweet, as I don’t have a lot to say at this moment, other than I LOVE THE WAY THIS CAME OUT.
It isn’t the most perfect cut crease, but I feel like I’m finally starting to get the hang of this business. Bonus, it was actually pretty simple. Time consuming, but simple.
Additionally, I would love to know your opinions on my eye closeup photos. I did a poll on Instagram, but I also want to know what the rest of you think. I have the original, single eye closeup that I usually post, and a second side profile of the eye look. Let me know which one you guys prefer, as I am more than happy to change things up!
Let’s get started:
- Prime and set the eyes with a powder or shadow that best matches your skin tone.
- Define the crease with a neutral brown shadow of your choice. This will help the turquoise shadow go down easier, making it less choppy.
- Start out with a small amount of a dark turquoise shadow, blending from outer to inner corner. Slowly build up the intensity as you go.
- Take some concealer on a flat brush and carve the lid out, all the way up to the crease in a way that flatters your eye shape best. Flick the concealer out on the end to mirror the upturned shape of the turquoise shadow.
- Pack a bright yellow shade on top of the concealer, layering for opacity if you need to. Follow the flick at the outer corner as well.
- With the same brown shadow from earlier, run this across the entire lower lashline, blending downward to lay down a base once again for the turquoise.
- Pack the turqoise shadow across the lower lashline, then blend downward for a hazy, smoky effect. If this does not suit your eyes, you can keep the shadow tighter to the lashline.
- Line the lid with black liner, mirroring the winged corner. This should resemble a waterfall effect.
- Line the waterline with a dark turquoise liner, or a black liner.
- Highlight the tear duct with a matte white shadow. Because this is an all matte look, we want to stay away from any shimmer highlights.
- Curl and coat your lashes with mascara. Apply falsies for extra drama.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a terrific Tuesday!
Brows – ABH Brow Wiz “Chocolate”
Eyeshadow – Marc Jacobs Beauty “The Wild One” Palette, NYX Vivid Brights Palette
Eyeliner – Covergirl Get In Line Eyeliner “Major Matte Black”, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil “Mainline”
Mascara – Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara “Blackest Black”
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own