Accutane: Week Two

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it”

-Nelson Mandela

Hello my lovelies!

It’s time for round two of my Accutane updates! A lot has definitely changed over the past week. The most notable change being that I went from one 20mg tablet, up to two 20mg tablets, bringing my dosage for the rest of the month’s supply up to 40mg. Doubling my dosage has brought many changes to my skin for this week’s posting, and you might even be able to see some differences like I am!

Let’s Get Started:

Day 7 –

AccutaneDay7Pic1

Overall, my skin started to appear far less red and irritated. My practically nonexistent pores had started to shrink even more, and my scarring has started to fade ever so slightly.

Day 8 –

AccutaneDay8Pic1

The redness is continuing to go down drastically now, with only my active acne spots showing any significant redness. I started to feel slightly drier, but nothing that wasn’t tolerable.

Day 9 –

AccutaneDay9Pic1

In a way, my skin looks worse in this picture, but it’s also when I began to significantly dry out. The redness is still only significant on active breakouts, which increased slightly at this point.

Day 10 –

AccutaneDay10Pic1

Peep that big nasty breakout in the right picture. For comparison, that’s what my acne used to look like ALL THE TIME; red, deep, and painful. Imagine that all over your face. This is also the day I introduced my Sunday Riley Good Genes Exfoliant back into my nighttime routine, which will create even more noticeable difference in the next pictures.

Day 11 –

AccutaneDay11Pic1

My bigger breakouts have finally subsided, and it’s mostly just leftover hyper-pigmentation and receding acne spots. I felt VERY dry compared to how my skin usually feels, and slathered on as much moisturizer as I could. I wore makeup this day and probably could’ve blotted my forehead at least once, but the rest of me was pretty much a desert.

Day 12 –

AccutaneDay12Pic1

Excuse the eye mask patches by the way. I think that there’s a huge noticeable difference in my acne at this point, so I think it’s safe to say that the 40mg dose is working! This is definitely the day I felt the driest yet. My chin and surrounding mouth area felt super tight and slightly uncomfortable, but nothing unbearable.

That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a wonderous Wednesday!

Stay beautiful!

Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own

Advertisements

17 thoughts on “Accutane: Week Two

1. Rev-You's says:

I’ve been wanting to go on accutane for a while now. Your skin looks like it’s getting better each day. Keep the updates going I love reading posts like this! ❤

• ZoBeautie says:

Thank you! I will say that while it’s worth the end results, accutane is a very serious medication and it should be a last resort. I tried everything under the sun for YEARS before I decided on this route, however if you think it’s for you, I say go for it! Just be prepared for the side effects, they can get a little brutal 😂.

If you’re at all interested, I do updates more often on my instagram story, just going throughout my day. You don’t HAVE to follow, but if you want to see more spur of the moment updates on how this is going, my instagram story is a good route to go!

Thanks again for reading ❤️

2. Makeup by Erin says:

Your skin looks gorgeous! There is such a noticeable difference already! I can’t wait to keep seeing you on your journey! ❤️

3. thoughtfulpigeon says:

Looks like it’s working great! I couldnt use it as the topical version dried my skin too much and was told it was too sever but it’s definitely one that seems to give good results if it works for you.

• ZoBeautie says:

It’s definitely working. I attempted all topical items at first but it was just not getting me anywhere. My skincare has helped tremendously, but this was definitely the last resort path that I needed to take!

• thoughtfulpigeon says:

I’ve ended up going back through the list of everything to try again after being taken off the pill because of side effects and there are a lot more than when I first tried them nearly 15 years ago so crossing my fingers there’s a good combination for me. A proper skin care routine definitely helps too though, finding products that actually work for different problem areas has helped me quite a bit I think.

• ZoBeautie says:

With mine being cystic and genetic, it’s very hard to find topical skin care solutions that really do anything. My skincare routine is probably why I never have blackheads or Whiteheads, but unfortunately I can’t do much to prevent the cystic ones, other than what’s essentially hormone therapy. There’s something out there for you for sure. It’s only a matter of time!

• thoughtfulpigeon says:

Yeah, the whitehead and blackheads are going with antibiotics but the others are the annoying ones that do not want to budge. I’m pretty sure the ones I’ve been trying are the same as last time around but maybe they’ll work now. I just don’t want to be on antibiotics for years again, they caused problems with my health in other ways before. Thanks, I’ll keep trying 🙂

• ZoBeautie says:

Ugh yes! I love antibiotics for fixing temporary illnesses, but I can’t imagine being on them for years! It’s so unfortunate that acne isn’t just a one size fits all type of deal. It would be so much easier to treat and manage that way.