“My philosophy is: If you can’t have fun, there’s no sense in doing it”
Hello my lovelies!
If you didn’t notice, I was gone for a week. My grandpa was hospitalized and was in fairly critical condition, but I’m happy to say that he is recovering slowly. Thanks to those of you who offered me well wishes, I appreciate you so much!
I do have my awards post going up on Wednesday, so stay tuned for that. It’s taken me FOREVER to get to, and I feel bad for not getting it done sooner, but I wanted to really put effort into the post, not only giving genuine answers to the questions I’m asked, but also coming up with great questions to ask those who I will be nominating. I appreciate those who nominated me, as I’ve always felt like a bit of an oddball, and having people recognize that I do exist is quite validating.
I know that this isn’t a revolutionary look, but I am really feeling it. I have been so obsessed with blues (you already know it), and Turquoise/Teal was my next step in the blue hue. I think this is such a gorgeous color that is complimentary to virtually any skin and eye color, and it’s so easy to incorporate into a wearable look. Pairing it with gold shimmer really tones down the intensity of the blue, but the blue is still different enough. You’ll get plenty of comments on how great your makeup skills are too!
I’ve also been trying to incorporate more winged eyeliner into my eye looks, as it’s something that I want to practice. Since I have deep set eyes, winged eyeliner can easily swallow whatever visible eyelid space I have left, so while I’m not an expert yet, I feel like I genuinely am improving my game. Still not fantastic about getting the wings even, but we’re working on it.
Let’s get started:
- Prime and set the eyelids with a powder or shadow that best matches your skin tone. This would be the first shadow in my case.
- Warm the crease with the second shadow. Do not extend much further than the actual crease and beginning of the brow bone. Our goal is to keep this look less hazy and more rounded.
- Layer the third shadow into the crease for added intensity, keeping this round as well.
- Pack the fourth shadow onto the outer corner, blending in toward the lid.
- Place concealer on the inner half of the lid, extending past the crease to create a well defined, rounded shape.
- While the concealer is still wet, pack the fifth shadow on top, carefully mimicking the same path as the concealer.
- With any blending brush, lightly blend out the harsh edge between the fourth and fifth shadows in the middle of the lid.
I 100% forgot to mark the Turquoise shadow in this palette, so note that it is the furthest right shadow in the third row. I’ll be referring to it as the seventh shadow.
- Pack and blend the seventh shadow from the outer corner, blending about halfway inward.
- From the middle of the lower lashline, blend the fifth shadow inward toward the tear duct.
- Create a wing on the eyelid using a Teal or Turquoise eyeliner of your choice. I used a pencil in this case.
- Line the waterline with the same pencil used in the previous step.
- Highlight the tear duct with the sixth shadow.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply falsies if you’d like.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a Marvelous Monday!
Foundation – Covergirl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation “705”
Concealer – Too Faced Born This Way Naturally Radiant Concealer “Very Fair”, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer “Chantilly”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
All Over Setting Powder – L’oreal Infallible Pro Glow Powder “21 Classic Ivory”
Contour – Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer “Murumuru”
Bronzer – Urban Decay Beached Bronzer “Sun Kissed”
Highlight – Wet N’ Wild Mega Glo Makeup Stick “When the Nude Strikes”, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed “Champagne Pop”
Brows – Maybelline Total Temptation Eyebrow Definer Pencil “Medium Brown”
Eyeshadow – Marc Jacobs Beauty “The Wild One”
Eyeliner – Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil “Mainline”
Mascara -Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara
Lips – Marc Jacobs Beauty New Nudes Sheer Lip Gel Lipstick “Eat Cake”
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own