“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today”
-H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Hello my lovelies!
This is the eye look that I came up with in my previous First Impressions post, and I figured I would share it with you guys since I think it turned out well!
As mentioned in the previous post, I did run into a few issues with the white eyeliner, but I do think I managed to save it nonetheless. I did start to attempt a cut crease, but ended up chickening out about 3/4 of the way through (whoops). Now that I’ve figured out the process though, and how to get shimmers and glitters to actually stay on, look out for some cut crease looks in the future!
Let’s get started:
- Prime and set the eyelids with a shadow or powder that best matches your skin tone.
- Begin to lightly carve out the crease and brow bone area with the first shadow, focusing mostly on warming the crease up for a transitional purpose.
- Begin to trace the crease with the second shadow, using the natural curvature of your eyelids as a guide.
- Carve out the lid with some concealer, tidying up the second shadow that was placed into the crease. Do not allow to dry down before moving to the next step.
- Using the concealer as an adhesive, pack the third shadow all across the lid, right up to the edge of the second shadow.
- On the very center, place the fourth shadow on the lid to add a more 3D touch.
- Lightly trace over the crease with any black shadow. Ideally, yours will look a little more tidy than mine, but this is also where my white eyeliner idea went awry and I had to do some quick fixing.
- Be sure to blend the black shadow upward ONLY if you are trying to maintain the sharp edges of the cut crease.
- Blend out the third shadow from inner to outer corner, blending downward to create a smokey effect.
- Highlight the tear duct with the fifth shadow.
- Line the waterline with any purple liner that you own.
- Create a wing of your choice with a white eyeliner or eye safe liquid lipstick. Don’t worry about the opacity as we will be going over this with glitter.
- Using any liquid silver glitter, trace directly over the white eyeliner.
- Curl and coat your lashes with mascara. Apply falsies if you’d like.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a wonderful Wednesday!
Foundation – Revlon PhotoReady Insta-Filter Foundation “Ivory”
Concealer – Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Full Coverage Concealer “Fair Warm”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
All Over Setting Powder – M.A.C Studiofix Powder Plus Foundation “NC15”
Contour – NARS Blush Duo “Olympia”
Bronzer – Bobbi Brown Bronzer “Golden Lights”
Blush – Milani Rose Powder Blush “Tea Rose”
Highlight – Wet N’ Wild Mega Glo Makeup Stick “When the Nude Strikes”, NYX Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder “Twilight Tint”
Brows – Maybelline Total Temptation Eyebrow Definer Pencil “Medium Brown”
Eyeshadow – Marc Jacobs Beauty “The Wild One” Eyeshadow Palette
Eyeliner – MUFE Aqua XL Ink Eye Liner “m-14”, MUFE Aqua XL Eye Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner “I-90”, Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner “Glamrock”
Mascara – Maybelline Total Temptation Washable Mascara
Lips – Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquefied Lipstick “Cava”
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own