“A Journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step”
Hello my lovelies!
I could not be more excited for this New Year. My family decided to gift smaller presents during Christmas this year, in exchange for a 3 day getaway to a water park resort in the Dells. I of course decided to treat myself and will be getting a massage and body treatment during my stay, along with spending time with my family and close friends during this time.
If you’re not sure what the Wisconsin Dells is, it’s essentially a resort town full of water parks and other common tourist attractions in that family. Its home to America’s largest indoor AND outdoor waterparks, and is actually considered a worldwide destination spot for vacationers. If you’re from Wisconsin, you’re either vacationing here, or “up north”, which essentially entails a cabin stay. Personally, I prefer the fancy resorts to the mosquito-ridden cabins, but either one is a true Sconnie pastime.
While I will not be wearing any makeup during my three day vacation, I still had some quick creative ideas that I wanted to share with you guys. I received the Stila liquid glitter eyeshadow in “Molten Midnight” as a Christmas gift, and knew that it would be perfect for something NYE related. I will be doubleposting and sharing another look tomorrow as well, but comparatively, it will be a complete 180 from this type of eye look.
Let’s get started:
- Prime and set the lids with a shadow or powder that best matches your skin tone.
- Carve out and define the crease with “Anaheim”, from inner to outer corner and slightly onto the brow bone.
- Pack “serious” onto the outer corner and focus the majority of the blending there, while also blending this shadow out into the deepest part of the crease.
- Paint “Molten Midnight” Across the eyelid, from the outer corner to just before the inner corner. Allow to dry down completely. This doesn’t have to look like a cut crease, so if you have little imperfections, we’ll be blending this out.
- Take “Serious” once again to blend out any harsh edges, especially on the outer corner.
- Pack “1987” onto the inner corner, blending into the lid shadow. I extended this into my crease because I have deep set eyes, but you can always stick with what flatters your eye shape most.
- Run “Serious” along the lower lashline, from outer corner to about 2/3 of the way, avoiding the inner corner. It’s important to keep the inner corner open and light, or the eyes will look very closed up and smaller. If you have larger eyes, feel free to take the shadow all the way inward.
- Blend “1987” from the inner corner and into the gray shadow.
- Line the waterline with a black liner to create intensity and tie in with the dark shadows.
- Highlight the tear duct mixing “Blonde” and “Bathwater”.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply falsies if you wish.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a fabulous Friday!
Foundation – Sonia Kashuk Soft Focus Satin Matte Foundation “Fair”, No. 7 Beautifully Matte Foundation “Calico”, NYX Total Control Drop Foundation “Porcelain”
Concealer – Too Faced Born This Way Naturally Radiant Concealer “Very Fair”, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer “Chantilly”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Maybelline Fit Me Mineral Loose Finishing Powder “05 Fair”
All Over Setting Powder – M.A.C Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation “NC15”
Contour – NARS Blush Duo “Olympia”
Bronzer – Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer “Murumuru”
Blush – Milani Rose Powder Blush “Tea Rose”
Highlight – Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed “Pearl”
Brows – Maybelline Eye Studio Brow Define +Fill Duo “Brunette”
Eyeliner – Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon “Blacquer”
Eyeshadow – Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Palette, Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow “Molten Midnight”
Mascara – L’oreal Voluminous “Blackest Black”
Lips – Maybelline Inti-Matte Nudes Lipstick “Almond Rose”
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own