“Follow your dreams. Figure out where you’d like to be, what you would like to be doing, and then figure out what you need to do to get there”
-Kennon M. Sheldon
Hello my lovelies!
I just want to immediately point out that I used a warm toned palette in order to create something that turned out pretty cool toned. Nonetheless I still think it turned out great.
I think that ultimately, there are at least one or two steps that you could reasonably skip in order to achieve this look. While I think this is a gorgeous look and I’m super pleased with it, I can assure you that you don’t necessarily need the gel liner base like I used. In saying that though, maybe you do need it. Who knows? I sure don’t!
Let’s get started:
- Prime and set the eyelids with a shadow or powder that best matches your skin tone.
- Cut the lid with the Tarte Gel Liner in “Bronze” for a base. I took this opportunity to create a half cut crease-type-thing, but you can create any shape you want, as this step is just to create intensity for the top shadows.
- After allowing the liner to completely dry, take the first eyeshadow and blend out the harsh edge of the gel liner, as well as into the crease for a transition shadow.
- Pack the second shadow onto the outer corner to create some intensity and dimension. Really blow this out to the brow bone for some drama.
- Pack the third shadow onto the lid. Don’t worry about the intensity of this shadow, as we will be going over it with another liquid product.
- With the Urban Decay Moondust shadow in “Chem Trail”, load up a flat detailing brush and cut the lid in the same fashion as the gel liner. Allow to dry down completely before opening the eyes.
- Blend the third shadow across the entire lashline in a downward motion to create a smokey effect. Connect the shadow to the outer corner on the lid.
- Line the waterline with a black or gray eyeliner to intensify and smoke the look further.
- Highlight the tear duct with the fourth and final shadow.
- Curl and coat the lashes, apply falsies if that’s your thing
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a wonderful Wednesday!
Foundation – Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation “100”, Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer “Porcelain”
Concealer – Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer “Fair”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder
All Over Setting Powder – M.A.C Studiofix Powder Plus Foundation “NC15”
Contour/Bronzer – NYX Contour Pro Palette “Sculpt/Toffee”
Blush – Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush “Dazzled”
Highlight – Smashbox x Casey Holmes Spotlight Pearl Palette
Brows – Maybelline Eye Studio Brow Define +Fill Duo “Brunette”
Eyeshadow – M.A.C Warm Neutral Palette, Tarte Tarteist Clay Paint Liner “Bronze”, Urban Decay Liquid Moondust Eyeshadow “Chem Trail”
Eyeliner – Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon “Blacquer”
Mascara – Covergirl Peacock Flare Mascara “Very Black”
Lips – Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Creme “Yours To Try”
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own