“Blaze your own glittery, sparkly, fiery, shimmering path”
-Cara Alwill Leyba
Hello my lovelies!
As promised in my last blog post, I am dropping a tutorial for this eye look on you. I had been stewing this color idea in my head for quite some time, and finally decided to sit down in the middle of the night and get it on my face.
Wings still aren’t my favorite, and I’m STILL trying to perfect them so that they flatter my eye shape most, but I still love the way the orange wing looks with the blue shadow. I actually used a liquid lipstick to create this wing (don’t worry, it’s eye safe), and since it worked so damn well, you can bet I’ll be doing it more often.
Let’s get started:
- Prime and set the lids with a shadow or powder that best matches your skintone.
- Carve out the crease with the first shadow in order to help the others blend out smoothly.
- Pack the second shadow across the entire eyelid. Blend into the crease to create a smokey, hazy affect.
- Blend the third shadow in a crescent shape on the outer corner. This will make the look appear three dimensional instead of flat.
- Blend the second shadow along the entire lashline, dragging downward to create some drama.
- Create a wing using an orange eye liner, or an eye safe liquid lipstick. You may have to layer a few times in order to achieve full opacity, since the blue shadow is so dark and pigmented.
- Highlight the tear duct with the fourth shadow to create more dimension.
- Line the waterline with a black liner.
- Curl and coat the top lashes with black mascara. Apply falsies if that’s your preference.
- Coat the bottom lashes with a blue mascara (optional).
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have an amazing start to your weekend.
Foundation – Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation “100”
Concealer – Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer “Fair”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder
All Over Setting Powder – Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation “Fair”
Contour/Bronzer – NYX Contour Pro Palette “Sculpt/Toffee”
Blush – Milani Baked Blush “Luminoso”
Highlight – NYX Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder “Twilight Tint”
Brows – Maybelline Eye Studio Brow Define +Fill Duo “Brunette”
Eyeshadow – Maybelline City Mini Palette “Concrete Runway”
Eyeliner – JSC Velour Liquid Lipstick “Flamethrower”, Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eyeliner Crayon “Blacquer”
Mascara – Covergirl Peacock Flare Mascara “Blackest Black”
Lips – JSC Velour Liquid Lipstick “Flamethrower”
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own