“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives”
Hello my lovelies!
Let it be known that my earrings are supposed to be pink. Instead, they look like my freaking skin color. Not mad, I just think it’s weirdly hilarious.
Today I am providing you with a lovely tutorial on this cool toned gray eye look. I don’t get to do a ton of darker, night-out looks since I don’t get to go out much, but last night was a rare exception of going out to dinner as an early birthday celebration for my mother.
In case any of you were wondering, I felt like a bad bitch while wearing this look for whatever reason, so I’ve dubbed this a bad bitch look. Maybe I’ll trademark it.
Let’s get started:
- Prime and set the lids with a shadow or powder that closely matches your skin tone.
- With a large fluffy brush, blend the first shadow throughout the crease for some dimension. I like to bring this up to my brow bone slightly for a more sultry effect.
- On a more precise fluffy brush, pick up the second shadow and blend into the crease and outer corner. With a cool toned brown, be careful bringing this too close to the inner corner, as it will create an unflattering grayish shadow. I suggest blending halfway into the crease, then blending outward to dissolve harsh lines.
- Pack the third shadow onto the entire lid and very slightly into the crease. I have very deep set eyes, so no matter what, my shadow will always transfer. Because of that, I always put the shimmer into my crease to begin with, and blend out accordingly.
- With a large, clean fluffy brush, buff out any and all harsh edges to create a seamless look.
- Drag the second shadow on a packing brush from the outer corner to about halfway. Blend downward for a smokey look.
- On the same wiped off packing brush, blend the third shadow from the middle of the lashline toward the inner corner, blending the two shadows together in the middle.
- Create a thin black line across the eyelids, or a wing. This part is entirely up to you.
- Line the lower and upper waterlines with a black liner for intensity.
- Highlight the inner corner with the fourth shadow.
- Curl and coat your lashes with mascara. Apply false lashes if you wish.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have an amazingly beautiful Monday.
Foundation – Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation “0.5”
Concealer – Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer “Fair”
Cream Contour/Bronzer – Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Stick Trio “Contour/Bronzer”
Under Eye Setting Powder – Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder
All Over Setting Powder – M.A.C Studiofix Powder Plus Foundation “NC15”
Powder Contour/Bronzer – NYX Contour Pro Palette “Sculpt/Toffee”
Blush – Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush “Dollface”
Highlight – Jouer Powder Highlighter “Rose Quartz”
Brows – NYX Tame & Frame Tinted Brow Pomade “Brunette”
Eyeshadow – M.A.C Cool Neutrals Palette
Eyeliner – Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner “Black”, Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon “Blacquer”
Mascara – Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir
Lips – JSC Lip Ammunition “Androgyny”
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own.