“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality”
– Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Hello my lovelies!
Thanks so much for all the love on my previous post! I’ve been harboring the eye look, wondering if I should post it, and with all the likes and positive reactions, I figured why not?
I’ve said this before, but this was a pretty easy look. I used four shadows total. The only technique required for this look, and I can’t stress it enough, is just blending until your hand falls off. Working with black shadow can seem really terrifying, but if you can seamlessly blend out black, you can blend out anything from here on out. I did use a liquid shadow for this look, so if you aren’t comfortable with liquid shadows, you can always use a wet brush with any shimmer shadow or glitter.
Let’s get started:
- Take a cool toned brown slightly darker than your skintone and blend through the entire crease to create a transition, as well as some depth.
- Begin packing black shadow onto the inner and outer corners, blending out each time. Start lightly. You can add more black, but you can’t take it away without starting over. I say this from experience since I had to start over myself.
- Sit there and blend for a few more years. Set up your 401K while you’re at it, you’ve got time.
- Place the liquid shadow onto the center of the lid and slightly into the crease. I found that this particular product works best using the wand and NOT tapping out with your fingers. Let it dry slightly, then blend out the edges with a precise fluffy brush. This doesn’t have to be perfect, mine certainly wasn’t, but it still looks pretty cool.
- Blend out the same black shadow across the entire lower lashline from inner to outer corner. Smoke this out really well, or it will look very heavy on the eyes.
- Place a bright higlighting shadow on the inner tear duct. I chose purple for no other reason than the fact that I felt like it.
- Line the waterline with a black liner. If it smudges onto the lower lashline, just blend it out.
- Curl and coat your lashes. Apply falsies if you like.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a fabulous Monday.
See Previous Post for comprehensive list
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own