Hello my lovelies!
I’ve decided to add yet another new category to my blogging, and I’m going to call it Wearing The Unwearable. My plan for this category is to address makeup and fashion ideas that are generally viewed as “unwearable”, and converting them to be appropriate for everyday looks.
For the first installment, I chose to feature pink eyeshadow. When I browse through Instagram, I admittedly see a lot of pink eyeshadow creations. What I don’t see, is something that people would reasonably wear throughout their daily lives. Realistically, we aren’t all going to wear hot pink glitter on our lids and a hot pink eyeliner, and that’s totally ok!
Let’s get started:
- Prime the eyelids and set ONLY the brow bone and crease. We will be using a cream shadow on the lid to start.
- With any pink based cream shadow (in my case, Maybelline Color Tattoo “Inked In Pink), cover the entire lid with an even layer. This pink cream shadow is going to amplify the actual pink powder shadow that we will be using later.
- Blend “Zone” throughout the entire crease, blending any harsh edges from the cream shadow along the way.
- Pack “Harajuku” all over the lid where we placed the cream shadow. This will “set” the cream as well.
- Blend a VERY small amount of “Blackout” on the outer corner and slightly into the crease. If you’re wearing this at nighttime specifically, then go ham, but I planned this look with daytime in mind.
- Blend out any harsh edges left behind by your shadow placements.
- On the lower lashline, drag “Zone” about halfway from the outer corner. Place a dab of “Blackout” on the outer corner only, and connect to the top lid.
- Line the waterline with a brightening liner of your choice.
- Curl and coat your lashes, apply falsies if you’d like.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don’t forget to have a lovely weekend.
Foundation – Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Longwear Liquid Foundation “0.5”
Concealer/Corrector – Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid “Pink”, Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer “Fair Neutral”
Under Eye Powder – Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
All Over Face Powder – Kiko Milano Matte Fusion Pressed Powder “01”
Contour – Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Palette “Contour”
Bronzer – Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer
Blush – Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush “Dollface”
Highlight – Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed “Rose Quartz”
Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer “Chocolate”
Eyeshadow – Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal 24 Hour Eyeshadow “55 Inked in Pink”, Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Palette.
Mascara – Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir
Lips – Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick “Patina”
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own