Hello my lovelies!
Yet again stepping out of my comfort zone slightly, I decided to create a very dark smokey eye for you all. I originally wore this Wednesday night at Season 8 THE QUEENS show I went to, which was obviously amazing. Nothing beats seeing Kim Chi up close and getting a shirt signed by her.
I won’t lie, lately I’ve been in a bit of a rut with my creativity. I haven’t been wearing much makeup over my break, mostly because I’ve felt lacking in the creativity department. Seeing this drag show reignited my creative juices, so rest assured I’ve got a lot of fun and interesting looks coming your way!
Let’s get started:
*Please Note that I use a shadow NOT included in this palette. Feel free to use whatever you have available*
- Prime and set the eyelids with a bone colored shadow.
- With a tapered blending brush, blend “Lula” throughout the entire crease, creating a defined shadow.
- Mixing “Isabel” and “Violeta”, carve out the outer crease and add some definition. Don’t worry about making these shadows too noticeable, as we will be covering them up later.
- Use a small packing brush, and pack “Claudia” all over the lid, into the inner and outer corners.
- Using the same mix of “Isabel” and “Violeta”, blend out any harsh edges from the blue shadow. Remember that this is supposed to look hazy, don’t get too caught up with crisp lines and precision.
- If you feel that your dark shadows have extended too high up to the brow bone, use your setting shade to clean up the area.
- Place any black shadow you own onto the outer corner with a pencil brush, and blend into the outer corner. Layer this at least 2-3 times, using smaller amounts of shadow at a time. Remember that you can ALWAYS build up a dark shadow, but it’s harder to take it away.
- For the bottom, blend the same black eyeshadow along the outer half. The lower you blend, the more dramatic this look will be.
- Take “Claudia” onto the inner half of the lashline.
- Line the waterline with a black Pencil Liner. Set with black eyeshadow if you have problems with lasting ability.
- Apply a White shimmer shade to the tear ducts for a highlight.
- Curl and coat your lashes, add falsies if that’s your thang.
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it helps me out so much. Also don’t forget to have a lovely Friday afternoon and evening.
Foundation – Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation “0.5”
Concealer – Too Faced Born This Way Naturally Radiant Concealer “Very Fair”, Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer “Fair Neutral”
Undereye Setting Powder – Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder, NYX HD Finishing Powder “Banana”
Allover Setting Powder – M.A.C. Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation “NC15”
Contour – NARS Contour Blush “Olympia”
Bronzer – NYX Highlight and Contour Pro Palette “Toffee”
Blush – Lancome Blush Subtil “Aplum”
Highlight – Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter “Pearl”
Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer “Chocolate”
Eyeshadow – Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette By Mario, Urban Decay “Blackout”
Eyeliner – Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon “Blacquer”
Mascara – Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir
Lips – Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy “Milkshake”, Jeffree Star Cosmetics Lip Ammunition “Celebrity Skin”
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own