Hello my lovelies!
Today I have a neutral brown eye makeup tutorial, for days where you want to look like you tried hard, but really put in minimal effort. This look is SUPER easy, and the technique can be applied using any colors of your choice. Today I will be using one of my favorite palettes, the Smashbox #ShapeMatters palette. This palette is great for travel, as multiple purposes for the whole face, and the colors can be used by almost any skin tone.
Let’s get started:
- As always, prime your eyelids and set with shade number one. Apply this shadow generously, as it’s going to count towards the overall look.
- Use a fluffy brush to distribute shadow number two throughout the crease, being careful not to blend this high up into the brow bone. If you do blend too high, take shade number one again and coat the brow bone.
- Now comes the slightly harder part. Using a dense packing brush, lightly dab into shade number three and place on the outer corner. Switch to a clean, tapered blending brush and drag this slightly into the outer part of the crease. Depending on the eye shape you desire, keep this shadow rounded for a doll eye, or tapered out for a lifted cat eye.
- IMPORTANT: because the darker shadows in this palette are so pigmented, a little definitely goes a long way! start out with a small amount of this shadow, and slowly build up to your desired intensity. I used about three “coats” worth.
- Using a small packing brush, take shade number two again onto the inner two thirds of the lid. Be sure to meld the line where the two colors meet; choppy is not sexy!
- For the lower lashline, mix shades two and three and drag along the outer two thirds of the eye. To really tie the look together, connect the lashline shadow to the outer corner of the eyelid.
- Take shade number four on a tapered pencil brush and place generously on the inner corner of the eye. This will help brighten the look.
- Take a cream eyeliner and run this on your waterline (optional).
- Prime the lashes and apply mascara to the top and bottom. Add falsies if you wish.
- Congratulations, you’ve created a look that’s way easier than it appears!
That’s all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also, have yet another lovely summer weekend full of excellent weather.
Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion Original.
Smashbox #ShapeMatters Palette.
Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in 213 “In the Nude”.
Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own.